OUR MISSIONOur mission is that none perish, but that all should come to the knowledge of the saving grace of God, and repent unto salvation of their soul. We hope that Christians discover a life of purpose in Christ, and the urgent sense of mission in a life that add up to the adventure that God always intended life to be. Today, some are engaged in the struggle for existence and survival, caught up in this high tech and competitive world, haunted by the fear of being overtaken by others. Our mission is to tell the good news about a treasury of purpose and truth and wisdom to be found in the person of Christ. The exchanged life, our weakness for His strength, our poverty for His wealth, not I, but Christ that lives within me.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
1) The Bible is the inspired, infallible, and the only authoritative Word of God.
2) That God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. He who believes in Him is not condemned.
3) That all have sinned and come short of the glory of God. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins!
4) Jesus preached, repent for the Kingdom of God is at hand. The time is fulfilled, and the Kingdom of God is at hand. Repent and believe in the gospel. He that has ears to hear, let him hear.
4) For whosoever does the the will of God is My brother and My sister and mother.
5) That the gospel is the power of God unto salvation. Go therefore and make disciples, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost. Teach them to observe ALL things that I have commanded you.
C.M. Atkinson - Lesson Director
Shirley Atkinson - Editor
Becky Tenseth - Social Media Director
No one knows this man as I know him. He is a kind, tender and gentle man. I have traveled with him to small, rural churches as well as to the churches on Main Street with over a 1000 members. From the Shenandoah Valley to the Coastal Region of Oregon, he has taught the words of Christ with the same love and compassion with which he led our family and taught me and my brothers to show to others.
He has served on all Church Boards and Committees, never casting a "no" vote on any item the pastor presented. He served as Staff Evangelist for Pastor A.E. Cooper for two years. There he directed the Evangelism Program, which included a thriving Neighborhood Outreach Bus Ministry.
He directed and taught the Children's Church where more than 200 children worshiped and returned home to tell the good news to their unchurched family and friends. He has been the featured Speaker at State Youth Camps as well as Youth & Evangelism Rallies in Oregon, Texas, New Mexico, South Carolina, North Carolina, Maryland, DC and Virginia.
During this chapter of his life, he has returned to his home state and to his first love. The love of spreading the Hope and Power of Jesus Christ to a hurting and dying world. This time, through the medium of a daily radio broadcast on WZAP in Bristol, Virginia.
Thank you for joining my Dad. I hope he encourages you as he has me and many others.